Econ 1740 Name: _______________________________________________________
Answer all of the following questions. (You don’t need to include the question, but you can. If you do, leave a space between the question and your answer)
You must have 1” margins, and your answers must be double spaced, with a 12pt font (times new roman or arial). (10pts for proper formatting)
For questions 1 and 2 you must write one page minimum.
1. At the beginning of the classic film Plan 9 from Outer Space, the Amazing Criswell says, “We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events …. will affect you in the future.” Indeed, future events will affect us in the future. That’s hard to deny. But, perhaps, past events can help us understand and design policy for the future. SO, what past event, policy, or broad trend in US economic history will be of greatest use to us in the future? That is, what topic that we have studied will be most relevant for citizens and policy makers in the coming decade or so? Be specific and complete in your answer.
2. Name three people who you feel have most influenced the development of our country. Explain what they did, (e.g. what they produced, what they were known for, what policies they created, etc.) and why you think this was important. (20 points)
Although there is not a specified page length for these questions, your answers must be complete (i.e. 1-2 sentences is probably not enough).
3. Was average income growth greater from the late 1940s to the mid 1970s or from the mid 1970s to the late 1990s? What was one important source of strong income growth in the period you have identified? Explain, and be specific. (10 points)
4. Based on our textbook readings, and the video series we watched, do you think immigration poses different problems, or creates different benefits, for the US today than it did in the late 1800s? Explain, and be specific. (10 points)
5. Briefly describe one topic that came up in the reading which we did not spend much time on in class, but which you would have liked to explore further. (10 points)
6. Discuss the “bank holiday” implemented by President Roosevelt during the Great Depression. What was its purpose? What were the effects? Explain, and be specific. (10 points)
7. Name and briefly describe one New Deal-era policy or program aimed at the problems of unemployment and low incomes. Be specific. (10 points)
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]