Assignment: A compare and contrast paper; you will compare and contrast how three works treat similar topics. If none of the topics works for you, please see me to discuss possible alterations or alternatives.
1. Compare and contrast the depictions of Native-Americans and/or African-Americans in any three works on the syllabus).
Use MLA-style documentation for in-text citations and the list of works cited—all works should be listed separately.
• Double space your essay; include your name, the course number and section at the top of the first page.
• Avoid the use of the second person as it is conversational and too direct. Use the first person to describe your own thoughts, but better to use the third person in most of your analysis.
• Do not focus on the writing process—your reader does not need to know why you chose the topic or what you’re going to write about. Instead of telling your reader what you are going to do, do it.
• Write in the present tense unless specifically describing past events.
Textbook is The Norton Anthology of American Literature, vol C-E
• Twain: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
• Adams: The Education of Henry Adams
• Bierce: “An Occurrence of Owl Creek Bridge”
• Smohalla: “Comments to Major MacMurray”
• Charlot: “He has filled graves with our bones”
• Washington, Up from Slavery
• Wells: “Mob Rule in New Orleans”
• Du Bois: The Souls of Black Folk
• Cather: My Ántonia
• Hurston: “How It Feels to be Colored Me” and “The Gilded Six Bits”
• Modern Poetry: Stevens’ “The Disillusionment of Ten O’Clock,” Williams, “The Red Wheelbarrow” and “This is Just to Say,” Pound, “In a Station of the Metro” and “Hugh Selwyn Mauberley,” H.D. “Leda” and “Helen,” Moore, “Poetry” and “The Mind Is an Enchanting Thing,” and Eliot “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” The Waste Land, and “The Hollow Men”
• Faulkner, “A Rose for Emily,”
• Hughes Poems: All
• Ellison, “Chapter I [Battle Royal]”
• Morrison, “Recitatif
• Reed, “Neo-HooDoo Manifesto”
• Spiegelman, Maus
• Cisneros, “Woman Hollering Creek”
• Alexie, “This is What it Means to Say Phoenix, Arizona”
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.