1) Explain the difference between refundable and non-refundable credits?
- 2) What is the purpose of the alternative minimum tax?
- 3) Mention and explain two differences between Child credit and Child/dependent care credits?
- 4) Discuss two differences between the Lifetime Learning tax credit and American Education Opportunity tax credit.
- 5)What is considered a capital asset for tax purposes?
- 6) Explain the difference between ordinary, capital, and Sec. 1231 assets. Why does it matter?
- 7) On December 15, 2012, Mark sold for $6,200 share of stock she had acquired for $XY,000 on November 18, 2011. On November 14, 2012, she sold for $YX,000 shares of stock she had acquired for $12,000 on October 14, 2011.
- What was the amount and nature of Mark net gain/loss?
- How much was included/deductible in 2012?
- 8) HTP Incorporated had a net long-term capital gain of $XY,000 and a net short-term capital loss of $75,000 in 2013. Discuss the tax consequences of these transactions.
- 9) Compare and contrast the similarities between start-up costs and organizational expenditures.
- 10) What is Congress’s rationale for depreciation recapture?
- 11) What does mid-month convention mean?
- 12) Jane acquired a building on March 2, 1990, for $XY0,000.
- What is the cost recovery for the building in 2015 if the building is classified as nonresidential real estate?
- If the building is sold on October 30, 2015 for $YX0,000, what is the cost recovery deduction?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.