answer the questions below
- Laura Jackson discusses three spatial scales on the aspects of physical and mental health, and social and cultural vibrancy. What are the three spatial hierarchies of human settlements?
- Robert Putnam presents 14 indicators of social capital into five categories. Describe each category, including the indicators that comprise it, and explain the role that each plays.
- Spirn in the article Urban Nature and Human Design poses the following questions:
- Does nature influence human development, or is man the sole architect of the environment in which he lives?
- Should man seek to coexist with nature or to dominate nature?
- Does man exist within nature or apart from it?
Based on the readings, how would you go about answering these questions. Do
you think human purpose has come at the expense of environmental degradation?
- What do we mean by “garden cities?” How does this approach differ from the traditional form of cities?
- In Urban Nature and Human Design, Lynch argues for a “good city” form. What does he mean by this, and what are the characteristics of a “good city”?
- Discuss the various factors of city design, one factor being socio-economic environments. What does the author mean by this? Explain.
- Wachs argues that preferences for low-density living and a comprehensive highway program lead to urban sprawl. But he argues that regional rapid transit plans failed to gain acceptance. Why do you think this is the case?
- After reading Wachs’s article, what factors and values do you think have played a role in the adaption of single-vehicle use rather than public transportation? How can we change the behavior of citizens to become more willing to use mass transit?
- Community Development covers range of goals and activities. Name each one and explain in details.
- What are the origins of the urban renewal? What were some of the challenges and realities?
- What are the differences between community development vs. urban renewal approach?
- What role does housing play in relation to community development?
- What are Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDOs)? What are the implications for the municipalities?
- What factors have played a role in the federal, state, and local governments’ involvement in local economic development efforts?
- What strategies do communities/community economic development agencies rely on to promote their economic growth? What are some of the pitfalls of these reliances?
- What are the systematic approaches to economic development planning?
- What are some of the reasons for growth management? Describe and explain each.
- What are some of the challenges with local growth management programs?
- What are different ways that one can define “smart-growth?”
- What are some of the issues and concerns that proponents of smart growth advocate for?
- Discuss three pillars of sustainability and its impact and challenges on building a sustainable communities.
- Fordism and Post Fordism and its impact on cities. What were characteristics of these two eras.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.