Please answer these essay questions: 1. Explain intertextuality, give an example, and discuss why this is important for readers and writers.
2. Explain the concept of discourse community and describe the discourse community of your academic discipline.
3. Explain what Graff means by the volleyball effect. Do you agree that this can be confusing to students? Briefly explain your position in response to Graff.
4. Explain what Graff means by the problem problem. Is this a convincing part of his argument in the book as a whole? Why or why not?
5. Explain what Graff calls the analysis culture. Why might this cause difficulty for students? Discuss how it relates to the problem problem and/or anti-intellectualism in our society.
6. Explain what Harris means by coming to terms.
7. Explain what Harris means by taking an approach.
8. Choose one of the following:
– Explain what rhetoric is and how it relates to the goals of this course. Describe how we use rhetoric when writing academic essays that require the use of sources.
– Explain how writers understand audience and how this relates to the style (or voice) of their academic essays.
9. Choose one of the following:
– Explain Graff’s point about vernacular voice and academic voice. How effective is this? Can you think of any problems or limits?
– Graff explains the value of planting a naysayer in your text. Describe how we can use this move in academic essays that require the use of sources. Is this the same as countering?
10. Choose one of the following:
– Explain how Graff contrasts street smarts and public argument. How does this contribute to his overall purpose in the book?
– Describe your understanding of the importance of writing the voices of others into our academic texts.
And the text book for these answers are:
Graff, Gerald. Clueless in Academe: how schooling obscures the life of the mind. Yale University Press, 2003.
Harris, Joseph. Rewriting: how to do things with texts. Utah State University Press, 2006.
do your best, thank you and good luck.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.