Critical thinking writing assignment: Thinking Like a Sociologist
Readings: Jody Miller, Getting Played
Ferris & Stein, The Real World
Description of the writing assignment:
Drawing on your reading from the book Getting Played choose two major themes and concepts
that you found extremely interesting from each chapter, discuss the major arguments, and then
connect the theme to a thematic session from the textbook. You should choose the themes from
Miller’s book specifically from chapters 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6, and connect each theme to only one
chapter/thematic session from the textbook.
The structure of the paper:
1. A brief introductory paragraph should address the author’s research topic.
2. The main body of the paragraph should identify the chapter and theme.
3. Discuss thoroughly the theme(s) that you chose by providing arguments. Do this for
4. Connect the theme(s) you chose with a chapter from the textbook. It is not necessary to
apply specific concepts-you are more than welcome to do so-but rather the sociological
significance of the chapter. For example: how can you apply the chapter on culture to
understand a cultural aspect in the lives of girls in the study?
5. By all means, the paper should be a sociological one. Your arguments should be based on
sociological findings i.e. the information you learned from each chapter during the
6. Conclude the paper with a statement of the importance of sociological thinking and the
acquisition of sociological imagination in understanding every aspect of social life-even
those aspects that you are not directly involved. Develop two policies that you think may
improve the lives of girls and boys in disadvantaged communities.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.