Assignment 1: Discussion—Nonrenewable Resources
Today, more than any other time in history, there is growing support to move away from nonrenewable resources towards developing renewable resources to meet current and future energy needs. Fossil fuels are nonrenewable resources that continue to negatively impact the environment. It is important to learn how these resources are formed since this process of formation is at the very heart of why fossil fuels are considered to be nonrenewable.
Using the readings for this module, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the nonrenewable resource assigned to you:
- Natural gas
- Petroleum (oil)
Note: You are assigned a resource based on the first initial of your last name. Last names beginning with A–J research coal, names beginning with K–R research natural gas, and names beginning S–Z research oil.
Respond to the following:
- Describe how this nonrenewable resource was initially formed.
- Briefly explain where the major reserves of this nonrenewable resource are located and how it is extracted.
- Examine the environmental impact caused by the extraction process.
- Explain how this nonrenewable resource is used to produce energy, and identify the pollution problems that are caused from this energy source.
Support your statements with appropriate examples and scholarly references.
Write your initial response in approximately 350–400 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Saturday, November 7, 2015, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, November 11, 2015, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Address the following:
- Given the environmental issue or issues the use of this particular resource causes, why do think society relies so heavily on it?
- What kind of a role do you think governmental politics plays in current energy demands?
- If in fact society were to change to an environmentally friendly fuel source, what do you think would be the political or economic ramifications?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.