Case 3 ENG 101
Begin by reading about blogs as a genre of writing. This will help you understand blogs and how they work. You will then read a quick evaluation of how networks will handle the new iPhone 5. Then, you will want to look at how to write evaluations in “Writing Guide: Writing Academic Evaluations.” For brief examples of writing evaluations pay particular attention to David Talbot’s and Rachel Metz’s essays below.
Reid, Alex. (2011) “Why Blog? Searching for Writing on the Web.” Retrieved September 2012, 12, 2012, from: http://writingspaces.org/sites/default/files/reid–why-blog.pdf
Talbot, David. “Are the Networks Ready for an Influx of the iPhone 5.” Retrieved September 13, 2012, from http://mashable.com/2012/09/17/networks-ready-for-iphone-5/ (example)
Metz, Rachel. “Free App Makes ‘Dumb’ Phones Smarter and Faster.” Retrieved September 13, 2012, from http://mashable.com/2012/08/24/binu-java-app/ (example)
Look at “Writing Guide: Writing Academic Evaluations.” Retrieved September 2012, 12, 2012, from: http://writing.colostate.edu/guides/processes/evaluate/
• Pay attention to: A Definition of Evaluation, Uses for Evaluation, Types of Written Evaluation, Considering Audience and Purpose, Parts of an Evaluation, and The Process of Evaluation.
To help with writing.
Conciseness (2010). Retrieved September 13, 2012 from: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/572/01/
Strategies for Variation (2010). Retrieved September 13, 2012 from: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/573/1/
Maintaining Objectivity. Retrieved September 13, 2012 from: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/composition/subject_object.htm
For this case assignment you will want to write an evaluation. You will want to choose a home product or service that you use often, and write an evaluation of that product or service. For example, I am bald and shave my head often. Choosing razors has become a tedious chore for me. Razors are expensive, some are poorly designed, and some do not last very long. As you can see I have already set categories to evaluate the razor that I use: cost, design/use, longevity. I might also compare my current razor to ones I have used before as well. The key is to evaluate the product or service fairly and objectively. Think about your audience as a group of people like yourself, who use the same product or service, but would like more information about how well the service or product is provided.
Assignment: Write a four-five page, double-spaced evaluation essay.
• Introduce your product or service. What is it and why have you decided to evaluate it?
• Discuss how you plan to evaluate the product or service.
• Explain both your experience with the product and those of others (cite any other reviews or evaluations that you find on the product or service)
• Express both positive and negative attributes of the product or service. You might also offer solutions to improve the negative aspects
• Conclude by by making a recommendation or a determination as to whether others should use the product or service or some other alternative
• Write a four-five page evaluation on a product or service that you use regularly
• Include an introduction and conclusion
• Create categories or criteria for how you intend to evaluate your topic
• Include both personal experiences and what others have said about your product or service
• Cite any sources you use
• Be fair and objective, considering your audience and tone
Submit your work to Coursenet by the end of this module.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.