Example for legitimate power (DO NOT TURN THIS IN OR USE THIS EXAMPLE – develop you own example.)
1. Legitimate power- The president of TSU is Dr. Glenda Glover. She has legitimate power because she holds the position of president. This give her the responsibility for directing the activities of the university. She can appoint people to administrative positions such as dean and her signature is required for many decisions. She is able to determine the direction of the university because this is a power given to people who hold the position of university president. She attends meeting with elected officials and she represents the university.
Sources of Power1. Legitimate power is where the leader has the right, or authority to tell others what to do; employees are obligated to comply with legitimate orders.
2. Reward power is where the leader influences others because she or he controls valued rewards; people comply with the leaders wishes in order to receive those rewards.
3. Coercive power is where the leader has control over punishments; people comply to avoid those punishments.
4. Referent power is where the leader has personal characteristics that appeal to others; people comply because of admiration, a desire for approval, personal liking, or a desire to be like the leader.
5. Expert power is where the leader has certain expertise or knowledge; people comply because they believe in, can learn from, or can otherwise gain from that expertise.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.